H. SELECTED MEDIA ITEMS AND VIDEO PRODUCTIONS
A core feature of Wellar Consulting Inc. is communicating through the media on matters of public significance. This practice is illustrated in part by the Wellar Virtual Library, which was created in 2005 at the University of Ottawa upon being named in 2004 to receive the President's Award for Service to the University through Media and Community Relations. Details about the Wellar Victual Library, including a lengthy list of media stories, many of which involve issues, questions, problems, etc., that are pertinent to current situations, are available here.
The following media items and videos identify issues, problems, questions, etc., for which expert and expert witness consulting services are offered.
- 'Federal funds for light rail projects, maybe'. Op-Ed, The Hill Times, April 4, 2016, page 33.
- Federal Funds for Light Rail Projects? Maybe, but First ...*. Original text for
the Op-Ed, 'Federal funds for light rail projects, maybe', published in The Hill Times, April 4, 2016, page 33.
- Employment fee could be giant step toward tax fairness
- Another Proposal for a Sports Stadium? Based on Ottawa's Experience, Cover Your Wallet with Both Hands, and Run! Run!!
- Ottawa is growing up and growing out, with plans to intensify the city's core bringing unintended - and unwanted - consequences
- Roads scholar takes stand for pedestrian safety
- The Walking Security Index is Being Developed at the City of Ottawa (2001). In Perils of Pedestrians, Episode 55
- Geography Awareness Week: Reviewing 2006, Planning for 2007
- Transportation: Inspiring a Sustainability Action Agenda. Presentation materials for 2nd Annual Sustainable Community Summit: Identifying Barriers and Providing Solutions. Summit organized by Yasir Naqvi, MPP, Ottawa Centre, Ottawa, Ontario May 14, 2011
- Perils for Pedestrians, Episode 132: Walking Security Index
- Perils for Pedestrians, Episode 143: Transportation Research
- Perils for Pedestrians, Episode 166: Sustainable Transport
- Perils for Pedestrians, Episode 233: Autonomous Vehicles and Pedestrians
© Wellar Consulting Incorporated MMVI